Literacies First: Improve literacies of students through reading at critical points along the educational pathway as identified by professional educators.
- Quality Teaching: Increase opportunities for teachers and administrators to participate in high quality professional development and certification programs.
- Learning Support: Increase resources and rewards for teachers who develop innovative and enriching approaches to helping students learn.
- Engagement: Increase family and community participation with the schools.
- Align our focus with the plans of the School District and the School Board, honoring expertise and seeking synergy.
- Provide foundational support that will make a difference for students in their earliest school years as well as at identified critical points along their pathways shown to be gateways to success or failure.
- Encourage, support and celebrate high quality teaching, family involvement, and community engagement as critical factors in achieving student success.
- Concentrate our resources on a selected group of core programs shown to make a measurable difference.
- Promote our work and its results to our community and to individual and organizational donors, serving as an important vehicle for growing community financial and volunteer support for OCPS.
- Use successful programs as models and support what works best in individual schools.