The Foundation for Orange County Public Schools ("Foundation") is hosting the third annual "Orange County's Top Talent" show. The Foundation created a committee known as Orange County's Top Talent Committee ("Committee") to govern all aspects of the talent show. The Committee created a subcommittee called the Orange County's Top Talent Selection Committee ("Selection Committee") comprised of three to five individuals not serving on the Committee to judge acts during the auditions and select finalists. Three to five individuals who did not serve on the Committee or Selection Committee will be appointed by the Committee to serve as judges and choose the winners at the talent show May 10, 2014.
Contestants of all ages are eligible to audition. A parent/guardian must be present with each contestant under the age of 18 at the May 10, 2014 main event show. The Foundation must receive the contestant's signed waiver by February 14, 2014 before the contestant can be assigned to an audition time slot along with music sound track (if applicable). Parent/guardian also must sign the waiver if any performer is under 18 years of age.
- Contestants must be affiliated with Orange County Public Schools (FL) as a student, employee or Partner In Education.
- 2013 OC Top Talent 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners are NOT eligible to compete until 2015. However, a soloist may come back in a group situation and a group member may come back as a soloist or part of another group.
- Professional entertainers are not eligible. For purposes herein, a "professional" is defined as anyone whose livelihood is from the type of performance entered in the competition.
- Professional accompanists are permitted and must complete a waiver by February 14, 2014.
- The following categories will be permitted for performance: singing, dancing, instrumentals, comedy, drama, and novelty acts.
- The use of batons, pyrotechnics, dangerous equipment or live animals is prohibited.
- Prior to auditioning, all acts must complete and submit their waiver(s) and upload their music (if applicable) by the February 14, 2014 deadline. Groups MUST submit their waivers together.
- Auditions time slots will be assigned by Friday, February 28, 2014.
- If you are using music sound track accompaniment, please following these instructions to submit your music no later than midnight, Monday, February 14, 2014. We cannot stress enough the importance of the “quality” of your music track; so please pay special attention to this very important aspect of your performance.
- Save your two minute (maximum) track to an mp3 file*. If track is longer than two (2) minutes, the production crew will cut your music at the two (2) minute mark.
NOTE: When editing the name of your track, you MUST remove any parenthesis ( ).
- Click on this link (or copy and paste in your browser): http://www.dropitto.me/foundationforocps
- You will get the screen to the right. PASSWORD: octt2014
- Once successfully logged in, you can browse your computer, find the correct file and upload.
- If you experience any problems at all, please email email@example.com and she will be in touch within 24 business hours to assist you.
- All acts will have a two (2) minute time limit for the audition phase and finalists will have a four (4) minute time limit for the May 10, 2014 main event show.
- The music, performance, and performers MUST be the same at both the auditions and the final event … except for the time increase from two (2) to four (4) minutes.
- Music tracks are allowed for instrumental accompaniment only. Lip sync and karaoke are not permitted.
- Equipment provided includes a piano and microphones. Contestants must bring everything else to the auditions.
- A sound system will be provided the evening of the main event show. All contestants must use the sound system provided.
- All acts must be appropriate for family and TV audiences. This determination is made at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee's decision is final.
- All contestants must audition. No one, even if part of a group, will be allowed to perform in the competition if he/she was not part of the audition process.
- The Selection Committee will select up to 18 total acts from the auditions taking place March 8, 2014 at Edgewater High School. Two alternate acts will be chosen in case of an emergency. Up to five (5) of the 18 acts may be comprised of adults only.
- All contestants must perform the same act, with the same song (if applicable), with the same persons, on May 10, 2014, which was performed at the audition. If performance is changed, disqualification will occur.
- Finalists must notify the Selection Committee via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone/text (321-278-5525 or 407-380-2058) immediately if unable to perform on the day of competition.
- Finalists will perform in the Linda Chapin Theatre at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) on Saturday, May 10, 2014 and MUST be available for a same day dress rehearsal. OCCC arrival will be at 2:30 pm; “walk through” at 3:00 pm, and dress rehearsal at 4:00 pm. Late arrivals will miss any opportunity for a walk through and/or dress rehearsal.
- Judges will score the finalists on overall talent, showmanship and creativity. The decision of the judges is final.
- All rules will be strictly enforced. Any violations will result in immediate disqualification.
- Please direct all questions to the Foundation via email (email@example.com) or phone (407.317.3261).
At its discretion, these rules may be modified at any time without notice by the Committee. Any changes to the rules will be considered final.