Every school has a gap between what is needed and what the annual budget covers. Many schools -- often led by engaged parents -- work to raise funds that can be used to purchase technology, pay for additional programs, supplement the cost of the school nurse, etc. With the support of the school's administration, volunteers conduct annual campaigns, hold fundraisers, and work with PTAs to leverage money to benefits their students and teachers.
By becoming a Fund of the Foundation for Orange County Public Schools, schools can focus on raising funds to accomplish their goals while foundation staff serve as their “back office.” Funds operate under the foundation’s 501(c)(3), meaning all donations are tax deductible in accordance with applicable law.
- Deposit all funds and provide receipts to donors
- Cut checks as requested on a weekly basis
- Provide quarterly reporting of revenue and expenses
- Input donors into central donor database
- Maintain web site with individual sub-pages available to funds
- Incorporate all school and district funds in FOCPS annual audit and 990
- File annual report with Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs as required by state law
- Submit annual report to Florida Department of State as required by state law
- Provide credit card swipers for school fund events
- Maintain checks and balances with oversight from the FOCPS board of directors and finance committee.