The Board of Directors’ responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure the organization has a clear, succinct
written mission statement that expresses its core values and reason for being.
- Engage in regular strategic planning as an integral part of effective leadership and management.
- Provide ongoing oversight, including executive leadership, board self-assessment, and periodic review of current policies and code of ethics.
- Formulate a fund-raising strategy, including a case statement that expresses the rationale for financial support.
- Expect each board member to make an annual
contribution to the organization according to his or her means, and take an
active role in raising money.
- Approve and monitor the annual operating budget.
- Review regular financial reports from staff. Require an annual audit by an independent accountant.
- Be active community ambassadors, promoting the organization's mission, service, and achievements as well as bringing community perspectives to the attention of the board and staff.
- Ensure that the organization has a marketing and public relations strategy to support outreach.
- Seek out key leaders in business, government, education, and the media to inform them about the organization.
- Education Advocacy
- Orange County’s Top Talent
Strategic Plan Goal Teams:
- Literacies First
- Learning Support
- Community and Family Engagement
- Quality Teaching
For more information, contact:
Cindy Williams, executive director
Direct: 407-317-3200, ext. 2983