Edgewater High School (EHS) Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (MCJROTC) program was established 1980 with the mission to develop character, leadership, and civic responsibility in America’s youth. Studies show students participating in the JROTC program are:
- More likely to remain in school than those who are not in the program;
- Better enabled to find their way thru the turbulent teenage years; and
- Enabled to become productive members of their community. Our program produces young men and women who are ready to accept the responsibilities, and privileges, of a being a US citizen.
Principals, teachers and school administrators know and have seen the MC JROTC program and they understand Marine Corps JROTC:
- Motivates students to learn.
- Fosters a disciplined and constructive learning environment.
- Instills essential skills like time organization, responsibility, goal setting, and teamwork.
With your help we will continue to accomplish this mission by providing our Cadets extracurricular activities to build character, leadership, team building skills, and communication skills; enabling our Cadets to achieve success long into adulthood.
Your donations will assist in funding the programs: entry fees into competitions, transportation cost to events, motivational shirts and gear for teams, and team building / unit events.
Your EHS JROTC team